To support our growth we are looking for one (or more) driven, motivated and business savvy Technical Trainer(s), or “Mentors” as we’d like call them.
A Mentor is a Trainer by heart who supports a less experienced person in developing specific knowledge, skills and attitude to stimulate both professional and personal growth. They continue to challenge the learning environment and have fun by doing so.
As an Automotive Mentor you are prepared to deal with classical learning methods in a disruptive manner, and you lay the building blocks for Learning & Development solutions of tomorrow.
Ready to re-energize the Love for Learning?
In this role, we’d expect the following:
- You are responsible for the professional growth of Technical profiles within the (automotive) business;
- You identify their training needs and then build on these in order to lift them to the desired level, all in the most efficient way;
- You are used to working one-on-one with people, and you get personal satisfaction from letting your Mentees grow and evolve.
This includes, among others, the following tasks:
- You identifying training & development needs with your Mentee (within the business context);
- Independent planning and implementation of mentoring sessions from-a-distance & in the Mentee’s work environment;
- You develop, challenge, innovate and contribute to the latest automotive mentoring programs;
- You provide professional support to your Mentees in various ways: from-a-distance or on-the-move & problem- or gap-based knowledge transfer.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an (Automotive) Technical study, or equivalent by experience;
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience in technology & training / coaching / managing employees. Candidates with the right spirit are also welcome to apply!;
- You have a passion for Innovation and Learning & Development;
- You are able able to function independently in a rapidly evolving environment;
- You are independent and full of intrinsic drive, sober, firm in the discussion on content, but always with attention for the People aspect;
- You professionalize and bring insight, set a high bar;
- You are inspiring, positive and especially enjoy seeing others excel;
- You work systematically and structurally;
- You are highly communicative and have an excellent command of the Dutch, French and English language (both in word and in writing).
What we offer
- A challenging position within a driven environment, where entrepreneurship, personal development, collaboration, empowerment and job satisfaction are the most important elements.
- The HQ is perfectly located in the middle of a green environment, on the premises of the Science park of the University of Antwerp, in Niel.
- Your workplaces are situated in Belgium and Luxembourg, and will evolve into workplaces situated in your area after at 1-to-2-year internal training period.
- Gross annual salary depending on knowledge and experience, supplemented with fringe benefits (company car, fuel card, net allowances, etc.).
- As this is a full-time opportunity, we offer a fixed contract, but are open for freelancers willing to fully support our story.
”The main goal for a Technical Trainer and Mentor is the development of new ways to transfer knowledge and skills from one party to another. This starts with a profound investigation of training needs of your target, followed by development and delivery of activities to achieve a measurable result. Love what you do, do what you love!Tim Van HoutteSenior Technical Trainer & Mentor, IAS